Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20th-power of the journal

Well, I can safely say that without a doubt, this journaling thing works. I have been pretty good about what I have been eating, but just having to write it down has helped me avoid a few bites that I would have taken in the past. And, I have to journal publicly. Just being able to write it in a notebook that only I see will not work for me. So, I think as long as I have to journal, I will have to blog. Even if no one is reading it!

I am really sore today from hanging with Jillian on Tuesday night. I can't sneeze or laugh without my abs hurting and I could not get on and off the floor with my kids without my hamstrings screaming. I guess that is the sign of a good workout. :) I have managed to walk the past few days to stretch out, but will need to get back to the official workouts tomorrow. The new goal is to workout at least 4 days a week. 2 down this week.

Here is the journal for yesterday and today:
Breakfast: Greek yogurt, berries, slice of lemon bread
Lunch: Mediterranean Salad, hummus, pita
Dinner: Filet. We made veggies, I just was not interested.
Dessert: Banana

Breakfast: Greek yogurt, chai
Lunch: Turkey sandwich, Fiber One bar
Snack: Apple chips
Dinner: 2 Tacos with lean ground beef, tomato, sprinkling of cheese, lettuce, taco sauce. Spanish rice and a few beans.
Dessert: Dark Chocolate Almond Cluster.

Things I avoided: My kid's leftover grilled cheese, a frappucino, more slices of bread from Great Harvest and a DQ Blizzard. Yep, I went to DQ for my hubby and did not get anything. WOW for me!

So, the journey continues. I really thank all of you that even look at this and can understand my struggles. Bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment