Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 22nd-tired muscles, but feeling strong.

So, it is Saturday night. It was supposed to be an at home date night, but my hubby is worn out and so I am on my own. I think the first day of real heat made us both a little tired tonight. But, I feel good overall. I managed to do Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" last night after work and going for a 5K run this morning. My muscles are tired, but not that sore. I am pretty proud of myself. I wanted to work out 4 days this week and I have done it! I am hoping to get something in tomorrow too, but we will see how the day plays out. My sister had her baby this morning and my parents left for Richmond, VA to see her today. That leaves me and my brother in charge of their dog, Maggie. I will have to get her to the kennel in the afternoon, which may be the only time I have to work out. Not an excuse, just need to figure out the logistics.

I did not get to the blog yesterday. It was a LONG day. I had a one hour drive home and did not get home until after 6. I was not prepared to get home so late, so I ended up eating on the run, which was not the plan.

Here is the diet:
Breakfast: Turkey bacon, egg and cheese sandwich
Lunch: Delicious smoothie made by one of my families (blueberries, strawberries, flax seed, protein powder, soy milk and ice).
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Sandwich, a few fries.

Today:
Breakfast: Egg McMuffin sandwich. Took the kids to McD's to give Clay a break this morning.
Lunch: Turkey sandwich, strawberries, pretzel sticks
Snack: Oatmeal Choc Chip cookie-a real treat!
Dinner: Barilla rotini with tomato sauce.

So far, so good. I continue this journey. Weigh in on Monday morning to see how the first week of the renewed journey has gone. Bring on 2010, the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment