Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10th-spring has sprung!

It was beautiful out here today. In the 70's, just a few clouds in the sky, Buffett playing on my stereo-not bad for a work day! I came home and the kids were outside playing and just having a ball. We had dinner (grilled chicken and veggies) and then I sat with my hubby and watched the kids play by themselves again outside while I enjoyed a glass of wine. Not a bad way to end the day. The warm weather just does something to me. It makes me want to make healthier choices and move more. I am ready for daylight savings time so that I can get some longer days in and be able to walk after dinner.

I have had two good days of eating. I actually got a Grilled Chicken sandwich value meal from McD's yesterday and had just a few fries. Those few fries made me feel so sick-just a reminder that my body does not want CRAP in it. A good reminder.

Today I started out the day with yogurt, berries and a little granola. So delicious and satisfying. The problem was that I was hungry by 10:30, so I needed to stop and get a protein bar. I need to plan a little better if I am going to eat several small meals during the day. Lunch was with a friend that is also on a journey to lose some weight, so we both made good choices. It is so important to surround yourself with others that if not on the journey with you, atleast support you and understand why you are doing what you are doing.

I have managed to Shred with Jillian the past two days also-she is so tough! But, I have also gotten a few compliments on how my body is looking, so even though the scale is not changing very much, maybe, just maybe, this crazy shred workout is actually doing something. Certainly kicks my butt, and arms, and legs, and on an on for the 20 minutes I am doing it!

We are definitely going to the beach this summer, so I have yet another motivation to work on this fat-dum, dum, dum...the BATHINGSUIT! Definitely still have a lot of work to do before I feel good in one of those.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment