Friday, March 5, 2010

March 5th-the sweet stuff

So, I am going to really try to eliminate sugar in its white form from my diet. This will NOT be easy for me and I don't expect to be successful all of the time, but I am going to try. I also am going to try and decrease my intake of Splenda. They (you know, the committee known as they) say that even the artificial sweeteners make you crave sweets. I think the effect of decreasing sugar will in turn increase my intake of what I should be eating and that will be the real bonus.

Today I had lunch at Whole Foods. LOVE that place. I just feel healthier walking in there. Anyway, I tried these apple chips from Bare Naked. The whole bag-6 servings-was 174 calories. And, you know what, I ate the entire bag over the course of the afternoon. No guilt. So delicious and really crunchy. Made with apples and cinnamon. That is it. Felt like I was indulging in a big bag of chips without the guilt or fat. I will definitely be buying them again. And, I visited their website-"http://www.barefruitsnacks.com/" and they have a ton of fruit that is made WITHOUT ADDED SUGAR! Hello-that is what I am talking about. I love dried fruit, so I am hoping that their other products are just as good. OK, enough of the advertising.

Here is the journal:
Breakfast: Scone and tea.
Lunch: Brown Rice Sushi, apple chips, almond butter and Ak-Mak crackers. DELISH!
Snack: Popcorn
Dinner: Shrimp with Chili Sauce, veggies. Blueberry bar.
Dessert: Couple bites of my mom's chocolate mousse. So good and very little sugar. Makes up for the scone I had for breakfast.

So, any of you trying to decrease your sugar intake? Decrease your intake of high GI foods? I am so excited for summer and lots of fresh produce. It has been sunny here for two days and it is so refreshing to actually get outside! Luke and I went for an hour walk to look for pinecones today. How cute is that?

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment