Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1st-one size does NOT fit all

Today it really hit me that one size does not fit all. I was talking to my friend Chelsea as I walked into Kroger to pick up a few things. I was telling her that I was being tortured as I walked down the Easter candy aisle by all of the chocolate deliciousness that was surrounding me. She told me that candy is not really a temptation for her. WHAT? Seriously? But, then I realized that there are probably things that are not a temptation for me that are for her. For example, donuts. I could take them or leave them. Pretty easy for me to say no too. If someone told me that I could never have another potato chip as long as I lived, I would miss them, but it would not be the end of the world. Now Fritos are another story...

The point is that because there is no one thing that is the almighty temptation for everyone out there, there can NOT, and I repeat, CANNOT be one diet that works for everyone. If there was, that food would just go away as people did not buy it. If there was, there would not be so many diets to choose from. It is why programs like Weight Watchers work-because you get to pick your foods and have what works for you. That is not to say that a program like Nutrisystem doesn't work-some people need to have their meals prepackaged and measured and that works for them. Not for me. Some people do well with appetite suppressants. Make you not hungry. That would not work for me. If it is lunch time and I should eat, I probably will have something, hungry or not. That is just how I roll.

I think that the ONLY way to succeed is to find what works for you. For me, it is definitely this system-journaling, blogging for accountability and exercising. But, that may not work for you. I think, as in all things, you have to be true to yourself to find success. What will work for you is not necessarily what will work for your buddy that you agreed to go on a diet with-the true question is whether you can both modify your plan to succeed and still support each other. I think that the overall themes are the same; we just get through the struggles a little differently.

Here is my journal:
Breakfast: 2 eggs, piece of WW toast
Lunch: Blueberries, yogurt, fiber bar
Snack: Weight Watchers bar, yogurt
Dinner: Taco salad with mixed greens, lean ground beef and taco sauce.
Snack: Yogurt covered raisins, string cheese.

Total Calories: 1297ish.

I also had tennis tonight and the coach ran us like crazy and I did Day 1 of Level 2 of Jillian's 30 day Shred. I am pooped!

But, I am excited that March 1st was a good day. I am excited to see what the month will bring. I am doing well so far on the goals for the month.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment