Thursday, March 4, 2010

March 4th-a tale of 2 days.

I apologize for not blogging yesterday. I am really trying to get caught up on some work stuff and be productive with my time. Easier said than done with the lure of Facebook, my blog, American Idol, etc. So, I decided that I did not have any brilliant insights yesterday and it would be okay to just wait a day. I have had a good week this week. By getting caught up on my paperwork, I am definitely decreasing the stress level, which, in turn, should help with the weight loss journey. It is not even that I eat when I am stressed-although old Lauren would have-but I think that our bodies just do not run as efficiently when we are stressed, tired, etc. I know that you all understand that. Think back to your college days if you don't remember that feeling of sluggishness. :)

Journal for yesterday:
Breakfast: Granola, skim milk
Lunch: Yogurt, protein bar, hummus, crackers, dried apples. This was eaten over the course of a few hours between clients.
Dinner: 2 slices WW pizza with Weight Watchers cheese and turkey pepperoni.
Dessert: Diet hot chocolate.

Here is the journal for today:
Breakfast: Egg, turkey bacon and cheese sandwich on nine grain bread.
Lunch: Protein bar, yogurt covered raisins. Seriously, I was still full from breakfast.
Dinner: Filet, some shells and veggies.

I went to a jewelry party tonight and managed to not have any wine or snacks. And, these are my girls that I usually drink with, so that was not easy for me to turn down. I just really asked myself if I was hungry-no-and how I would feel if I did have the calories from the wine just because I was in that social setting. Nope, not worth it. A little Diet Coke was just fine. I also did not buy any jewelry because we are really trying to stay on track with our budget and it was just not in the budget for the month. And, you know how those parties are-you almost feel like by walking through the door, you should just hand over your debit card. I just could not do it with a clear conscience tonight. Small sacrifices will pay off in the future I hope! I did see a necklace that let me know the colors I want my house though-all these beachy blues, greens and yellows. I seriously live in the wrong state-10 hours from the nearest beach.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment