Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 13th-the power of music

So, I am sitting on my computer on a Saturday night doing some work and listening to Radio Margaritaville. Ah, this music just puts me in a good place. But, I also just had an "a-ha" moment. This music takes me to the beach, my favorite place to be. Well, when you are at the beach, what do you have on? A bathingsuit! So, this music helps me stay focused on how I want to look in my suit. I have a mental picture of myself actually feeling comfortable in just a bathingsuit. No shorts on over it, no wrap around me, just the suit. WOW-that would be amazing and definitely a feeling I have never had. Even as a swimmer in high school, I never felt good in my suit. So, I guess what I need to do when I am home and struggling to make a good choice, I need to listen to some Buffett to keep me on track. Thanks Jimmy!

I do listen to music when I workout also and I will say that it is powerful there too. I listen to music I would never listen to any other time. Well, that is not entirely true. It is the same music that we play for the dance party at our annual New Years party. You know, pure dance-techno music that keeps you moving. And, when I am on the treadmill, keeps me distracted from the fact that I am running. And it works! I took 58 seconds off my 5K time today! I ran almost the whole thing. I am really excited about my progress on the treadmill.

I also feel like just maybe my body is starting to change. I have not really lost any more weight, but my jeans are maybe just a little looser and my back fat is definitely not as noticeable. These are good changes!

Journal for the day:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with unsweetened apple sauce, cheese stick
Lunch: Yogurt, crackers with almond butter, 1 point WW bar, fruit roll from Clif
Snack: Z-Bar from Clif
Dinner: Filet, small portion of pasta with sauce. Tried to make some mixed veggies, but they were not any good.

We definitely need a shopping trip around here. I struggled at lunch time and it was only because I was not prepared at home. Lesson learned.

So, bring on 2010, the year of motivating music because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment