Thursday, February 11, 2010

Feb. 11th-my body failed me

Today was a good day overall, but I had really planned on getting to the gym tonight and it did not happen. Why you ask? Because I just did not feel great after dinner. Such a bummer. Now that I am feeling better, it is 9:30 and too late to get up there. Really, I will get this workout thing going consistently. I am looking forward to when the days are longer, the weather is warmer and I can just go take a walk to fit in exercise. Right now, I would have to ice skate to make it on the sidewalks in my neighborhood!

I talked to two people today who are reading my blog. How cool is that? I hope that you all find it somewhat entertaining or at the very least, realize that you are not out there struggling on your own. I hope that my battles are ones that you too have faced and conquered. Please comment and let me know what you are doing that is working. I am obviously in need of the tools for success!

Here is the journal for the day:
Breakfast: Fiber One bar, banana, tea.
Lunch: Pita with grilled chicken and sauteed peppers, a few fries.
Snack: Tall chai. Gave in, but I did get the small size and Luke drank half of it!
Dinner: Pork chop, mixed veggies, little bit of stuffing.
Dessert: Diet hot chocolate.

I really wanted a salad today, but it is so cold out and sometimes the cold lettuce hurts my teeth-just could not do it. Once again, this will be much easier as the weather warms up.

I am going to get back on the scale this weekend. I have taken a little break from it because I felt like I was getting a little obsessed with the number and not just how I was feeling or how my clothes were fitting. It will be interesting to see what it has to say. I will let you all know-good or bad. Part of the journey is putting it out there, right? I figure if the people on The Biggest Loser can weigh themselves in public, I can at least give you a virtual update!

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great Lauren. And you're right, it takes a long time to make the body cooperate. For me, I've been trying to get to taekwondo twice a week, but between kids being sick and babysitter being sick and moving, I was lucky to make it once a week in the fall. At New Year's, I promised myself a new uniform if I made it twice per week for a month. I got my sitter on board by teller her I wanted to go as often as possible (rather than trying to pick 2 days every week) and by doing that I often make it 3 days per week. To apply that to your situation, maybe you need to try to exercise more often and then it's OK if you don't make it every time, but you might just make it often enough to make a difference. Or you could bribe yourself with something if you make it often enough.

    ReplyDelete