Thursday, February 18, 2010

Feb. 18th-I know I can!

So, do you ever read "The Little Engine that Could" to your kids? You know the part where the little train says "I think I can, I think I can, I know I can, I know I can" or something like that? That is how I felt today at the gym tonight and back at home doing Jillian's 30 day shred. I really had to push myself through it, but guess what? I DID IT! I survived both my 5K and my 20 minutes of torture from Jillian. I will admit that I am really sore and can't believe I need to do that 30 day shred again tomorrow, but I will face that when I get there.

I think I did a little better on my 5K. I write that I think I did because I accidentally hit the emergency stop button about 31 minutes in to my workout and the treadmill stopped and erased my data. Big bummer! So, I was about 2.5 miles in, so I started it up again and ran another .6 to get my 5K done, but I am not sure of the time. I feel like I ran more of it, so my time should have been a little better. Oh, well-I will see how I do on Saturday. For now, I will be happy that I got there and did it. Then I came home and went downstairs and did my 30 day shred workout. It actually felt a little better tonight, mainly because I feel like I knew what was coming. I was still really tired by the end of it. My body is pooped!

Here is the food journal:
Breakfast: Banana, Fiber Plus bar.
Lunch: Turkey sandwich from Jimmy John's, Skinny Chips
Snack: Venti Chai Latte
Dinner: Taco meat with tomatoes and red peppers. Skipped the taco shell.
Post workout: Lite yogurt.

Supposed to have protein after you workout I think, so I skipped the hot chocolate for yogurt tonight. Drank some water today, but probably not enough. Did well on the fruits and veggies. Pretty good overall. Not sure of the calories only because I have not logged it in yet, but I should be good for the day, esp. because of the workout.

So, to Apolo, I can only give an "almost yes" today. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, so I need to do better tomorrow. I hope that I can get going with a resounding "I know I can" tomorrow. Because, you know what, I KNOW I CAN!

So, bring on 2010, the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment