Sunday, February 14, 2010

Feb.13th-we all struggle

I knew the Olympics would provide good inspiration, but I did not think it would make me realize how we all have to push through and make choices. I was watching the men's short track and there was an interview with Apollo Anton Ohno. The interviewer was asking him about what he did to prepare for the games and what he did to lose 20 pounds and be in the best shape of his life. He said something to the effect of "At the end of every day, I ask myself if I did everything that I possibly could to ensure success.". He then said that it is very hard to consistently say "yes" day in and day out. Wow! Really? So, even when it is your job to eat well and work out, you still struggle-well, no wonder it is so hard for me!

I have decided that I am going to ask myself the same question at the end of the day and see how many days I can emphatically say "yes". I do have to say that today is a big "no", but I made a choice to splurge a little bit. But, before we get to that, let's backtrack...

Weigh in first thing in the morning and...drumroll please...down another 1.4 pounds! Yeah! That makes a total of 7.2 pounds since January 1st. I am thrilled. I am not shooting for huge losses week in and week out, but just a steady change for the better and it is happening.

I knew that tonight Clay was going to see a basketball game with a good friend and I would be home with the boys. I told my oldest that we could splurge and get pizza. Atleast I knew that was dinner, so I could plan around it, but I also knew that it would push me over on my calories. That is okay-life is full of special celebrations. No problem as long as it is not everyday!

Here is the diet:
Breakfast: 2 pieces WW toast with PB
Lunch: 6 inch flatbread sandwich from Subway, baked Ruffles.
Dinner: 2 pieces pizza-cheese, green peppers, tomatoes. 1 breadstick. Piece of chocolate pastry thing from Papa John's-no good. Don't order it!
Dessert: Glass of red wine. Highly recommend "Menage a Trois".

I had such a nice dinner with my boys. We laughed and talked about our day. I am so glad that I get to enjoy these moments-pizza and all! Note to self-never get so caught up in your goals that you forget to enjoy the little stuff. It is truly what matters.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment