Monday, February 1, 2010

January 31st-the month in review

WOW! I made it. One whole month on this journey. I must say that I am pretty proud of myself. I did not get to blog last night because it was my mother's birthday and we just got home late and I got settled into the Grammys and Desperate Housewives. I know that you understand.

So, my dad called on Saturday and told me the menu so that I could plan. I knew that there would be LOTS of yummy food and that I needed to make wise choices the rest of the day to help compensate for the festivities. This was a day I could have used some Weight Watchers Zero Point Soup-I will need to look up that recipe. Regardless, I did eat very lightly and enjoyed myself at my parents. I went over there hungry, but not starving and did not dig into a bag of chips as soon as I got there. I did have 2 though!

Here is the diet:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with fresh blueberries

Lunch: Cottage Cheese, Apple Parfait thingy from Del Monte, Fiber One Bar

Dinner: Small serving of homemade Fettucine Alfredo, corn soup and to die for chocolate mousse for dessert. Seriously delicious!

Not bad, right? I did have broccoli on my plate, but my 2 year old snagged it and who am I to turn down a toddler that wants to eat broccoli?

As the month comes to an end, here are my celebrations:

Weight Loss: 5.6 pounds for the month. This is after weighing in after the birthday party.

Journaled EVERY day this month.

Figured out some of my triggers and really made wise choices.

The jeans are going on a little easier! Even just out of the dryer-I know some of you out there understand! :)

Things I need to work on are consistent workouts. I did great with this in the beginning of the month and then got sick and then just had no excuse, but still did not do what I needed to. I also need to make sure that I am packing my lunch more consistently. Grilled Chicken sandwiches get old quickly and I truly believe that the body does not like to eat the same thing day in and day out. Packing my lunch will offer some variety!

So, for February I feel like my eating overall is well under control, the workout consistency must become a routine and I need to figure out another area to work on trimming the fat!

So, bring on FEBRUARY 2010-the month and year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment