Sunday, February 21, 2010

Feb 21st-baby steps

Man, you never know where the inspiration is going to come from. I was listening to the radio the other day and was tuned into Dave Ramsey. For those of you who do not know him, he is a financial guy who gives common sense advice. He is great to listen to and Clay and I try and follow his principles. But, what got me is he said to a listener, "Stop. You are trying to drink water out of a fire hydrant."

Whoa! In that case, he meant that this listener was trying to do something with money in the wrong way. I heard it apply to me and my plan. Sometimes, I think we try and achieve our goals by thinking we have to radically change everything. Well, that does not work. Life gets in the way. If you start a diet and say to yourself, okay, no more candy, no more chips, no more alcohol, it is me and salads and water from here on out-you are doomed to fail. You are choosing the wrong path to success, just like trying to get a drink out of a fire hydrant. Instead, we need to take the path that moves a little slower, but is also much more manageable. I think that is why I have been more successful this time. I have managed to accept that there are celebrations, there are slipups, there are parties and by just enjoying those moments and then, and here is the key, getting right back on track, I really do not feel like I am sacrificing too much. I have my fun and enjoy myself and then turn around and get right back to eating the way I should and getting to the gym. No drinks from fire hydrants around here, only from the tap. :)

Here is the journal:
Breakfast: PB sandwich on WW bread, chai
Lunch: Turkey Sandwich on WW with Laughing Cow cheese and mustard, a few Sun Chips, applesauce.
Snack: Dried Peaches, Dark Chocolate covered raisins.
Dinner: Chicken Stir Fry with broccoli, carrots and beans over brown rice.

Overall, a pretty good day. I did my 30 day shred. I do not feel great tonight, but I think maybe the stir fry had MSG in it and that is making me feel off. Amazing how in tune you get with your body as you start to really take care of it.

And it was about 60 degrees and sunny today-nothing wrong about that! The kids got to play outside and we all got some fresh air. Made me excited for spring and longer days to take some walks and runs outside.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so great! I'm so proud of you. You are truly learning the lessons and I'm amazed at how well you are doing it every day. Your insight is awesome!

    ReplyDelete