Friday, February 12, 2010

Feb 12th-gravity

Well, today I realized the power of fat. You ask-what do you mean, the power of fat? Well, if you have fat enough thighs, they make a great "hill" for your clients to practice rolling down. For those of you that don't know what I do, I work with babies 0-3 years old. Today, I was working with a one year old and we are trying to get him to roll. Well, wouldn't you know it-I placed him across my thighs, he reached for a toy and away he went-full roll accomplished! OK,so this is not a reason to keep fat around, but it was nice to find a positive use for it, don't you think? :)

Today was a good day. I was focused, made good choices to help provide nutrition and keep me full and feel confident about my weigh in in the morning. I thought about the Olympics a lot today-if those athletes that represent our country can make that journey, then I should be able to make mine. This is a year for not only setting goals, but for achieving them. I feel empowered knowing that I am on my way with my goals and that I know that I can succeed.

Here is the journal:
Breakfast: Banana, Fiber One bar, Latte (needed some serious caffeine!)
Lunch: Black Bean chili, biscuit
Dinner: Filet.
Dessert: Diet Hot Chocolate.

I should have fit in some veggies with dinner, but I was still full from lunch and really did not feel like making them. Don't worry-my kids ate a more balanced meal than me!

So, as my weekend starts, so do the Olympics. I think everytime a craving hits, I am going to make sure that I turn on the TV and see what the power is in setting goals and achieving them. This is a good plan for the next two weeks. After that, I will have to look for a different source of inspiration. Will it be you?

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment