Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feb. 9th-support or sabotage

I have been so blessed in my life to have amazing friends. I have friends that I still keep in touch with from elementary school, high school, college, grad school and this phase called grownuphood! One of those good, good friends is Christine. Christine and I know each other from our college days and many summers spent in Montauk. We also both went to grad school in St. Louis. She currently lives in London and we do not talk or see each other often enough. However, she is one of those friends that when you do get together, it does not matter how much time has gone by, you just start where you left off and the laughter begins. Sign of true friendship.
Well, today I got a package from Christine. See, Christine and I exchange packages once a year. I send her candy corns every Halloween because she can not get them in England and she LOVES them and she always sends something in return. Well, this year she sent me a CD of running music and lotion for my hands and feet for after my runs. That is support! She has sent chocolate and crackers in the past, but this year, she sent something that supports my goals. Thanks my friend!

Her gift made me think of how environment is so important for success. I have to ensure that I am setting myself up for support and not sabotage. Support-going to lunch at a place with fresh foods. Sabotage-going out for Mexican with those damn baskets of free chips. Support-putting it out there that I am going to go to the gym so that my hubby helps me follow through. Sabotage-not telling anyone just in case I want to change my mind. Support-journaling on this blog. Sabotage-keeping a journal in my purse. Hell, I could write anything in there. No one would ever know! Support-hearing from those of you that read this blog that you are reading and that I am supporting you. WOW. Sabotage-deciding this blog was not worth the effort.

So, I thank all of you for supporting me and helping me to not sabotage my efforts. I hope that I can do the same for you. Matt, Addie and Julie-you know I am rooting you on already!

Here is the journal:
Breakfast: Kashi GoLean cereal, skim milk
Lunch: Soup, Ritz crackers, Fiber One bar
Dinner: 2 pieces homemade pizza with turkey pepperoni
Dessert: Spoonful of chocolate mousse. Diet hot chocolate.

So, tomorrow, I will load the CD onto my mp3 player and will get to the gym with 101 new songs to run to. I will continue to enlist those of you that support me. I will continue to put it out there that I am struggling and need support. I will continue to work to decrease the sabotages that are part of my world. This will be a year of success, not sabotage.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

2 comments:

  1. and thank you too... I feel like I'd be letting you down, so I keep coming back even when I'm totally exhausted and I know that you'll be there when I need you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete