Sunday, February 14, 2010

Feb 14th-Valentine's Love

Happy Valentine's Day! Boy, this day started out interesting. I got out of bed this morning and my house was COLD. Turns out that our heat stopped working overnight and our house was 59 degrees this morning. BRRRR. Church truly was a refuge today. I took the boys and Clay stayed home to wait for the HVAC people to call. I had a text after church saying that the heat was back on, so atleast we got to come home, but we have no idea what the problem is and now we are waiting to see if it kicks off again. UGH.

Sooooo, as a result of the crazy morning, I had to throw down some breakfast and rush to get ready. Not the most enjoyable way to start the day. I did get a great card from my hubby for Valentine's reminding me that he loves me no matter what and my 6 year old told me as I was getting ready that I was "pretty good looking", so that was very reassuring. Nice to know that this journey is not about making those that I care the most about love me any more than they already do-they truly love me for me. That is a great gift.

ALright, enough sap. OVerall, a good day. We are getting snow again tonight and I needed to get to the grocery anyway, but it was a madhouse. I seriously felt like I was playing Frogger with my cart. But, we are stocked for the week and the menu is planned. This is a good thing.

Here is the diet:
Breakfast: 1 slice WW bread with PB.
Lunch: 1 slice pizza, 1/2 banana, few pretzel Goldfish.
Dinner: Bowl of homemade chili with lean ground beef, little bit of sour cream, a few Ritz crackers.
Dessert: Diet Hot Chocolate.

So, I will take my "pretty good lookin'" status with my 6 year old and call it a day. I will watch the Olympics and ask myself the question. Today gets a "no", but I am confident for the week, snow and all!

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment