Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Feb. 16th-it is an almost yes!

I had a great day. The snow was cleared off the roads, I got to work and I ate fairly well. But, the icing on the cake was getting to the gym tonight. Yeah for me! It is freezing out, but I was determined to get there and I did it. I ran a 5K in 38:28, which is a good time for me. Slow for a lot of you true runners out there, but I am making progress. The good news is that running felt really good tonight for the first time. I am not saying it was not hard, because it was, but I felt in my element and that my body was working for me. And, I did my ab workout after I ran, so I had a great workout. Yes!

Here is the journal:
Breakfast: 2 eggs, orange.
Lunch: Turkey sandwich, pretzels, Quaker Fiber Bar
Snack: Grande chai, carrots
Dinner: 2 slices homemade whole wheat pizza with Weight Watchers cheese and turkey pepperoni. A few teddy grahams.
Dessert: Diet Hot Chocolate.

Damn Teddy Grahams! Man, those things are good! Must avoid the box at all costs. Tomorrow is the start of Lent and I have a LIST of things that I can give up that are a true sacrifice-I will have to decide what will be the best choice. Might have to be those little chocolate bears of decadent goodness-just kidding.

So, as far as the title of my blog tonight, I answer Apollo's question with an "almost yes". I did everything right, but had just a few slip ups on the diet-the midday pretzels and the elusive Teddy Grahams. Easy fix though and I burned off the calories at the gym. Yep, good day.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment