Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feb.10th-choices

Man, was I craving a Chai latte this morning! It was the power of this blog, of those of you that read this thing and the fact that I knew I had to journal it was what helped me say NO! I definitely would have given in otherwise-it was bitterly cold out today and it just sounded like the perfect antidote. I won't say that the hot tea I got was a great substitute, but it warmed me up and got me through the moment for zero calories. Good choice.

I also had to go to Target today for some stuff. Note to self: don't go to ANY store that sells food when you are hungry! I had to talk myself out of different snacks the whole time, reminding myself that my homemade white chili would be ready as soon as I got home. I did it, but really expended some mental energy getting through it. Not good planning, but a good choice at the end.

Got home from work and was really hungry. I knew how many calories I had left and knew I did not want to blow it. Made the choice to have a serving of pretzel sticks-get 48 of those little salty sticks in one serving-so it takes a while to get through them. By the time I was done, dinner was ready! Yeah for me. Good choice made.

Here is the journal:
Breakfast: 2 pieces ww bread with pb.
Lunch: Banana, yogurt, strawberry fruit bar, fiber one bar
Dinner: Cup of white chicken chili
Snack: Pretzel Sticks
Dessert: Diet hot chocolate

Overall, a good day. Got my fruits and veggies, got my water in and made smart choices. I needed to do a better job with the protein intake, so as always, there are things to work on.

The journey continues. Thanks for the help today!

So, bring on 2010, the year of making smarter choices to help trim the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment