Monday, February 15, 2010

Feb. 15th-more snow.

OK, I am officially over the snow. It is so pretty out and if I had an unlimited inheritance to live off of, then it would be great. But, I need to get back to work and be able to get out of my house! My tennis lesson was cancelled today due to the weather and I did not get to the gym because of the snow, so it was a day at home. We did have some friends over, which was great and a nice break up for the day. I am really looking forward to seeing the grass again and I think that we are in for another snow storm this weekend. Crazy weather!

So, as a result of being home all day, I had to face my pantry all day long. This is always a struggle for me-boredom has often caused me to reach for food. Today, I was very conscious of it though and really asked myself everytime I walked into the kitchen FOR NO APPARENT REASON if I was truly hungry. Do any of you struggle with this issue? I call it the Teddy Graham factor and I think it represents a true variable in people that have a happy weight and those of us that do not.

Here is the journal:
Breakfast: Oatmeal. Some yogurt covered raisins.
Lunch: Cup of chili, little bit of sour cream.
Snack: Pretzel sticks.
Dinner: Chicken with potatoes and carrots.
Dessert: Diet Hot Chocolate

Not bad for a day with a pantry calling my name. Tomorrow, schools are closed, so I am not sure how the work day is going to go, but I am going to try and make it out. I am going to pack my lunch to continue to stay in control.

As far as Apollo's question goes, I have to give it a "no" again today. I did well with my diet, but the exercise did not happen.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

2 comments:

  1. I totally get teh Teddy Graham factor! I need to get better about not looking in the pantry, but instead going straight to the kettle to make a cup of tea. I didn't see that interview with Ohno, but I will keep it in the back of my mind...I need to get the answer yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Lauren, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You can do this--slow and steady wins the race!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete