Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 30th-snowed in by choice

So, we got a snow storm overnight. I was really hoping for a good 8 inches-that would be enough to warrant not leaving my house in KY. We got 3-4 inches and the roads were passable by midday. But, I decided that I really needed a day at home and so I declared myself "snowed in". I don't regret it one bit!

This morning was an official weigh in morning. I was exactly the same as last week. Strange pattern going on, lose a decent amount, maintain, repeat. I do think that I had a little too much salt in my dinner last night and that contributed, because my weight was down a little later in the day, but it was the morning one that counts. I am finding myself struggling a little more now that I am a month into this gig. I was craving a DQ Blizzard today-I did not get one, but it was the first time that I really had a craving. I think part of it is due to not getting the exercise that I wanted to this week. I do believe that it goes hand in hand. When you can see on the treadmill how long it takes to burn 350 calories, you are FAR less likely to reach for those treats that will add 500+ calories to your intake. Not to say that they don't have their place. Treats do, but they do have to be part of a plan. I am still working on the plan part of this journey.

HEre is the diet for the day:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with Craisins and dried blueberries

Lunch: Lean Cuisine Philly Steak, Yoplait Lemon Torte.

Snack: CLIF Z-bar.

Dinner: Homemade meatloaf made with Laura's Lean Ground beef, mashed potatoes. All made by me and pretty darn good.

Dessert: Diet Hot Chocolate. 50 calories instead of a Blizzard at 580 calories for a SMALL! I think I made the right decision.

It is so amazing to me that I was surprised that I was gaining weight now that I am really paying attention to foods and their calories. Stuff adds up quickly!

Tomorrow is the last day of the month. With that, I will reflect on how the month overall has gone, what will change in February and what new area I will be trimming the fat in. I hope that you all can join me!

So, bring on 2010, the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

1 comment:

  1. great job Lauren! I too was surprised I was gaining weight until I started paying attention. I haven't lost much (I did cave to a cravign or two this week, but those foods are now OUT of the house.) but I am exercising more and am conscious of what I am eating. I really need to get back on track now...and remember that I am a bulk eater too (aka load the plate with veg before adding anything else).

    ReplyDelete