Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1-January 1, 2010

Today is the day that I start to trim the fat. Not just off my body, but in everything I do. I think I get so caught up in all of the "stuff" in life and it just bogs me down. So, I will start by taking better care of myself and finding time for me and work towards a simpler life with less stresses.

The idea for the blog title came when I was getting dressed and realized I hated the way my midsection was looking in clothes and there was NOTHING I could do about it because you can't tuck fat in and make it go away. It was the wall that I needed to hit to know that I needed to change things in my life. So, here we go....

I am not ready to post a picture yet of the "before", but I will. I will take a picture tomorrow morning to serve as a reminder as to why I am making these changes. I am going back to Weight Watchers in the morning, so I will have an accurate weight (dreading this number) and will be ready to go.

My goal for this week is to drink more water. I am HORRIBLE at this. Today has gone well with that goal, despite being so tired and out of it from the party we had last night.

WW encourages keeping a food journal and I think that is where I have failed before, but I will start that tomorrow. It will help keep me accountable for my choices, both good and bad. I should have started it today so I would have stayed away from some of the party leftovers! I will be posting my journal on here for accountability across the net too.

OK, off to trim some fat by cleaning off my work desk. I operate out of my home and my desk is a disaster.

I need your support in this endeavor. Cheer me on and I will cheer you on and let's work together to get rid of the fat in our lives.

Will post again in the morning. Bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat, because I have determined YOU CAN'T TUCK FAT IN!

3 comments:

  1. You can do it Lauren!! I will be following along with you as I can't tuck my fat in either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is also a free online weight loss place I use with WW: http://sparkpeople.com go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Lauren! I am also going back to WW. It really is a realistic way to make a life change. I'll be following along! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete