Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 9th-the first weigh in and my first weigh in on the week.

Ah, it has been one week on this journey. I got out of bed this morning, ran into the bathroom and stripped down. Hopped onto the scale nervously and YES! I have lost 3.6 pounds! I am so excited. It is so nice to see hard work pay off.

As far as today itself went, I really struggled with the balance of life. It is so cold here that I did not want to take my 2 year old out if we did not have to. So, my husband took Cameron to his first basketball game. Clay is the coach of his team. I stayed home with the baby. When he got home, I had to run out and work just for a couple of hours. Got home, had lunch, then got the baby down for a nap. Next stop-the grocery store, back home, play with children while making chili, play some more, eat dinner, kids baths, put baby to bed, go back out to get party favors for my oldest's birthday party, back home, put together favors, put oldest to bed and here we are! Whew-are you worn out too?

Do you see what got lost in today's schedule? ME! I really wanted to get to the gym and exercise and it just did not work out. I have to remind myself that this is a journey and I am working on "trimming the fat" in the hopes of finding the balance that works for my family and me. Tomorrow is going to be another crazy day with church, my oldest's church religious education and then his birthday party-may have to get back on the exercise wagon on Monday and just be okay with that. I will squeeze in some sit ups and push ups along the way.

How do those of you that read this make time for yourself?

Here is the diet for the day:

Breakfast: Oatmeal and Tea

Snack: Chai Latte.

Lunch: Pita Crisps and Laughing Cow Cheese. Water.

Snack: Orange, Fiber + Bar and Diet Coke

Dinner: Homemade Chili and some Naan. Water.

Not much in the way of veggies there except for the chili, but I did manage to stock up at the store today, so that I am well prepared for getting them in this week.

Like I said earlier, tomorrow is my son's birthday. I will have a small piece of birthday cake. One, because I really like it and two, because I am working on making this a LIFESTYLE and not a diet. That means the occasional splurge.

Hope that you all are having a good weekend. I am excited about my progress so far towards my January goal of getting my exercise and diet together.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, Lauren, some days there just isn't any me time. I do try to enforce some quiet time in the afternoons and sometimes, it just has to wait until the kids are in bed. I love that they go to bed early - I'll miss that when they're older. And sometimes, I'll just turn on the TV and plug in a Dora video and call it good. I do almost always read before sleeping and that's what I do to clear my mind from the day. I didn't read earlier this week and I laid there trying to settle myself for at least as long as I would have taken to read...I'd rather have had the story, but didn't want to wake up my hubby with the light.

    ReplyDelete