Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10th-the birthday party challenge

So, today was Cameron's birthday party. I know I said yesterday that I was planning on a piece of birthday cake and I had it. BUT, I really planned it out, which was a first for me. I did not have it at the birthday party. I waited until we were back home and cut a small corner piece (LOVE frosting!), sat on the couch and really enjoyed it. Old Lauren would have just shoved it in my mouth while I was talking to the guests at the party and not even remembered what it tasted like by the end of it. I am pretty pleased with myself in that I developed a plan and I followed through on it.

Here is the diet for the day:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1 slice of whole wheat toast, tea.

Lunch: Small cup of chili, pita crisps, Diet Coke

Dinner: Vegetable Soup, pretzel sticks, water

Dessert: Birthday Cake

I was REALLY hungry when I got home from the birthday party. It was about 45 minutes after we usually eat anyway and I had had a light lunch knowing I wanted to splurge on cake. The boys needed dinner and baths, so it took everything I had to not snack while taking care of them. It was truly the power of knowing that I had to write it down that kept me in control. This journaling thing is very empowering-I encourage you to try it.

I also have been led to a new website-"www.myfitnesspal.com"-thanks Julie! It does a great job tracking your calories, has a huge database of food and lets you know what you would weigh if your day goes a certain way. I am enjoying using it-check it out!

I have not gone back to Weight Watchers and do not plan to at this time. My first week showed me that what I am doing is working, but I will seek out that support if I need it.

A great weekend. Old Lauren would have taken the Saturday day after weigh in as a "splurge day" to enjoy some of the things that I did not have during the week. I did not do that this weekend and that was a first. This is a lifestyle change and there are "splurges", but they will be planned for, and they were with the birthday cake today. It is so great to feel in control.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat, because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment