Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 27th-state of Lauren address

I did not get to blogging last night because I was listening to our president give us the state of the union. I had to listen to it on the computer because Nancy Pelosi's eyes freak me out. I really think she has a screw loose, regardless of her political decisions.

So, in honor of Obama, I give you my State of Lauren Address:

Good evening everyone! I hope that you are as excited as I am to be on this journey. What was gained over time will not be lost overnight and we need to accept that. By making small changes everyday, we will reap big changes overtime. I need to make sure I focus on all areas of my well-being. This includes not only my physical health, but my emotional, mental and financial health. That is why this journey will not focus on one area of my well-being, but on how to make the whole system work better. I know that even if I fix one part, that the other parts will bring the fixed part back down. This journey will be taken in small steps. I began with my weight and health-focusing on eating better and exercising and making them both part of my routine. Next, I will focus on my mental health. This may take months, but I am willing to take it on. I have realized that having my house not the way I want it, not having the family time I need and not having the "me" time I need affect my mental health. So, that will be the next area. I think that by improving each area, I will reap benefits across the board. This will not be an easy journey, but I am sure that at the end I will say it was worth it. Good night and God Bless!

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

Will post the food journal in the next day's journal. This "speech" deserved its own entry!

2 comments:

  1. The best State of the Lauren Address ever. Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, thanks for your support. Said like a true politician with good eye contact and a virtual hand shake. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete