Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 17th-the best laid plans...

Sunday mornings are always a little hectic. We have to leave the house by 9 to get to church on time and the boys like to ease into their day, despite waking up at 7. Long story short, breakfast took place in the middle of getting dressed, getting the boys ready and getting the diaper bag packed. Not the way to enjoy your meal. After church, I came home with the baby and began to work on lunch. Little did I realize that Luke would not only want his lunch, but bites of mine. Makes it hard to figure out how many calories you are eating when you have to share your meal with a 2 year old! The rest of the day went well and good choices were made.

I did resist the lure of a chai latte today and turned to diet hot chocolate instead. Believe me, it took a lot to not stop at Starbucks on a rainy, cold day for a warm, frothy drink!

Here is the diet for the day:

Breakfast: One slice ww bread with peanut butter.

Lunch: Pretzel sticks, some wheat thins, yogurt and bites of a lean cuisine meal. See, this would be the problem when you share with a toddler!

Dinner: Grilled mesquite chicken, broccoli and corn. Water.

I have no idea of the total calories because I was not sure how to log lunch. Makes me want to be very possessive of my food, but it was my cute little boy asking for some and I could not turn him down.

I did jump on the scale this morning after my night out and it was not as bad as I had expected. I do expect a full recovery!

Let me know how you deal with having to unexpectedly "share" a meal. Do you just assume you still ate the whole thing or take some of the calories out?

Hope you all had a successful weekend.

Bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren, I would just assume I ate the whole thing. Or get Luke his own crackers and pretzels. :-) I wish I had the problem of having to share a meal with MY 2 year old! He won't eat anything but fruit and carbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addie,
    I have tried to get Luke his own serving, but he wants nothing to do with it. He wants to sit on my lap and eat what I am having. I agree that I should just assume that I ate the whole thing-really, unless he eats half of it, he is probably only taking a few bites. Luke will eat anything and loves, loves spicy food. Cracks me up

    ReplyDelete