Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20th-repeat visit

Tortilla Chips...I love them. So, I knew when I entered Chili's for lunch today that they needed to not be part of the meal or else I would be trouble. It is the same reasoning that makes Frito's a food that can not be in my house. Wait, are Fritos a food? Really, salty corn chips with salsa? YUM!

Well, the last time I went to Chili's was before the new year. I dove in full gusto to the deal they had going-chips for an appetizer, mini tacos for lunch and some brownie/ice cream thing for dessert. Granted, I shared it with a friend, but it was way too much. Today, I did much better. What a difference making conscious decisions make! I did not look up the nutrition info before I went, but I did afterwards so that I would make smart dinner choices.

Here is the menu for the day:

Breakfast: Apple bran muffin. Tea.

Lunch: Grilled Chicken Fajita Pita, black beans. Diet Coke.

Dinner: Chicken breast, veggies.

Dessert: Yogurt, Diet hot chocolate.

Total Calories: 1280.

I did not get to the gym tonight as planned, but the time was well spent actually having a conversation with my husband. Sometimes, in the craziness of life it is hard to find time with the people that you want to spend time with the most. Know what I mean? Truly hoping to find more time this year as part of trimming the fat.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

1 comment:

  1. I am just now getting your posts. I signed up at the beginning of the month but oh well. Yes, you are right about talking to your husband. Sometimes I find myself going to sleep and realizing that we haven't even really talked since the kids went to bed. Him watching the game and me on the computer...sitting next to each other but might as well be in different rooms :-). Good for you for making it a priority!

    ReplyDelete