Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 7th-SNOW DAY!!!

So, the day started out as usual and quickly changed course. We got snow here today, which tends to shut our city down. The roads got messy pretty quickly, so I rearranged my schedule in order to get home a little earlier. It actually worked out because I forgot my lunch this morning and was dreading what I would get-instead, I got to go home and eat. On the other hand, I did not get to the gym as planned because of the weather. I am going to try and go tomorrow to get in my 3 days of running this week.

Here is the diet for the day:

Breakfast: Apple bran muffin, tea and water.

Lunch: Chicken and Veggie Soup, wheat thins (the last of them, thank God!) and yogurt.

Snack: Banana and a Diet Coke.

Dinner: 1 cup whole wheat pasta with meat sauce, a few bites of chicken. Water.

I am sitting here drinking some tea. I have had more tea this week than I usually do, but I am trying to not drink Chai as much. That stuff has sugar in it and as good as it is, I really needed to cut back. My Starbucks account is happy too!

I am so proud of myself for not snacking today despite being home for most of the day. I would have been enjoying a lot of BLT's today with the old me. That stands for "bites, licks and tastes" by the way. It took a lot of willpower and knowing that I had to journal it to stay away from the two bite brownies today. Seriously though, they are 190 calories for 2 of them. Do you know how long it takes me to burn that on the treadmill? TOO LONG.

My son's birthday is today. He is 6. I am reminded by looking at him as to one of the reasons why I am doing this. I want to be able to continue to play with him and I also want to play with his children someday. Good motivation.

Have a good night everyone! I have decided that January will be the month of getting my diet and exercise together. Literally trimming the fat. In February, I will start to trim the fat from the other areas of my life. This is going to be a very good year.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Lauren! You're inspiring me. I just found out the hard way at Victoria's Secret that you can't tuck fat into the latest push-ups, either. Yikes. I'll do anything to avoid a matronly bra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you can get really nice larger cup bras...you just have to pay for them. For many years, my only options have been to pay $100+ for nice bras or to buy them on eBay from the UK. Just a curse my family has. When I'm back to my goal weight, I *might* be able to shop at VS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, you're inspiring me too! For Feb, I need better organization and discipline around structure for the kids -- sometimes I act as if I don't know what's coming next, when actually it's mostly the same every week! Why brace for the "unknown" when I know exactly what's on the schedule, what needs to get done, etc?? Any way, trimming the fat (in body and mind) around food / exercise while getting enough rest is a great start for January and will set me up for a great February too! Thanks and keep posting!! :) Amy T

    ReplyDelete