Friday, January 22, 2010

January 21st-the power of planning

I apologize to all of you that have been waiting anxiously for this post. :) I have a cold and just needed to go to bed last night. Yesterday was a gross day in Kentucky-really rainy and chilly. Good Braveheart day-you know, curl up on your couch and watch one of the best movies of all time while the weather outside mimics the weather in the movie! Unfortunately, I had to work, so that plan was shot. Ah, who am I kidding? I have kids-there is no way I can curl up on the couch during the day. :)

I went to lunch with a friend that is doing Weight Watchers. It is so nice to surround yourself that will not only not sabotage your goals, but also understand your challenges and are working towards their own goals. Before we went, she looked up nutrition info on the internet so that we were well prepared when we ordered. I actually ordered food that I would have originally thought was not a good choice, but lo and behold, it was far better for me than I thought it would have been.

Here is the diet for the day:

Breakfast: 1 slice WW bread, peanut butter. Tea

Lunch: 1/2 french dip, cup of veggie chili. Iced Tea.

Dinner: Progresso soup, TLC crackers, yogurt, 1/4 grilled cheese

Snacks: Diet Hot Chocolate, fruit snack, 2 Nilla wafers.

Total Calories: 1220

This is the funny thing. One, I had calories to burn at the end of the day, so I was literally looking through my kitchen to find stuff to eat. I also had to be very conscious of what I was eating knowing I had to log it. It is really amazing how the calories add up in the snack foods. Do you know how long it takes me to burn 140 calories? Well, I do! Long enough to know that 8 Nilla wafers are NOT worth it!

I did not get to the gym again because I just do not feel that great. I am hoping that the weigh in still goes well and that I can get back on track by Saturday.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

2 comments:

  1. I agree on the snack foods having so many calories! Unfortunately, I had a snacking day yesterday and I am regretting it today. I've resolved to eat only fruit and veg for snacks so I should be OK come weigh in day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addie,

    I don't know who said it, but there is a quote along the lines of "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.". At least we have recognized that making the same choices over and over again is not a good plan. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete