Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18th-game on!

Tonight I started tennis lessons. The last time I played was probably 10 years ago in another beginner tennis group. I get to my lesson tonight and it is me and 4 middle aged men. Another woman finally showed up and the lesson started. It was 1 1/2 hours long and we worked on the basics. So much fun! I will definitely have a sore arm tomorrow.

I committed myself to eating my 5 servings of fruit and veggies everyday this week. The trick has got to be to start early in the day and then it seems like it should be pretty easy to make it work, right? So, that was the plan and it seemed to work fairly well.

Here is the diet for the day:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, tea

Snack: Apple

Lunch: TLC crackers, tuna fish, peaches

Snack: Carrots, Blueberries, mini fun size pack of Raisinets. I also had some pretzel sticks when I got home from work.

Dinner: Lean Cuisine Lasagna

Dessert: WW ice cream cup.

Total Calories: 1407. I gave myself a little extra since I did go to tennis and I know that if I was doing WW, I would get extra points.

I did get my 5 servings in of fruits and veggies, but I was a little heavy on the fruit side. I need to work on a better balance.

Overall, a good day and I continue on this journey. I am figuring out what is working as far as meals go to keep me full and satisfied and coming up with some safe bets that can be consistent.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN! Nor does it look very attractive in one of those cute tennis skirts! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the fruits and veg! I love having fruit for breakfast as it just makes it so much easier to get them in. Then I have raw veg for snacks and on the table for supper. Works for me. I know you'll figure out what works for you.

    ReplyDelete