Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 14th-the battle.

Today was another good day on my journey, but I am pooped! I don't know if it is a result of what I ate today, lack of sleep or both, but I am ready for bed. I did make it to the gym tonight and shaved ANOTHER 29 seconds off my 5K, but it was not easy. Hence, the title for the day. As soon as I stepped on the treadmill and started walking, my feet hurt. I told myself I would go for five minutes and see how I felt and then decide. Five minutes in, my feet still hurt, but I was determined to get a workout in of some sort. I am up to jogging for 2 minutes, walking one and repeating until the 5K is done. I always sprint the last .1 miles and when I finished tonight, I yelled "yes"! I think several people at the YMCA were laughing at me, but I don't care. I did my 5K in 38:29 and burned 389 calories. I am pretty sure I am going to be sore tomorrow, but I won that battle. :)

As far as food went today, I just had a hard time deciding on lunch. I ended up with an unexpected break due to a cancellation and decided I needed to go somewhere where I could plug in my computer and do some work. I decided on Great Harvest Bread Co. I ordered a bowl of soup and it came with a slice of hearty bread. Delicious, but not enough protein. For dinner, I made sloppy joes, but they just did not taste good. I ended up eating veggies and a bowl of high protein cereal. I went to the gym about 30 minutes after that. I think that my diet may have been why my workout was so hard today-my body was just not fueled properly. Tell me what you think by looking at my food diary.

Breakfast: Apple bran muffin, tea.

Lunch: Bowl of tomato dill soup, slice of honey whole wheat bread, 1/2 slice of pumpkin choc chip bread, diet coke and water.

Dinner: Veggies and a bowl of Kashi Go Lean.

Dessert: post workout-yogurt and a fun size bag of Raisinets.

I was not hungry at any point today except for meal time, but I think there could have been some better choices. I will say that I am quite proud of myself to resist the free bread samples at Great Harvest. Another battle won!

I am off to bed. The battle of staying up vs. going to sleep is going to be won by the dream weavers tonight. Did I tell you I was pooped? But, I committed to this blog and will do it regardless of fatigue.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lauren, I think you are doing great! It's OK to have a down day once in a while. I was in a funk on Thursday too... I think for me my bod was just saying it needed a day off. And that's OK. Try hard to get some fruit and/or veg at every meal...I like having raw carrots, peas, celery, etc on the table at meals. I (and my hubby) eat a whole lot more of them when they're just there.

    ReplyDelete