Friday, January 22, 2010

January 22nd-A-HA moments

Today was another crazy day. I have a little cold, so I had to rearrange my schedule so that I was not working with the babies that I see that are super prone to getting sick. It is hard to do my job from a distance-I am right on the floor with them! So, once again I ended up with some unexpected breaks. First aha moment-I really think that I would have snacked on these breaks before the new year-now, I am truly content with a drink-a 0 calorie drink at that! It is not that the snacks would have been big, but the calories add up quickly, especially if the snacks become more of the routine than the exception.

The next aha moment hit me on my way home from work. It was around 5 and I realized I was just starting to get hungry and think about dinner. I also realized that this week I have not had my 3 pm snack craving-you know, the one where I wanted something with the word "chocolate" in the label. I think that really watching what I am eating is helping to regulate me in a lot of ways, including my sugar highs and lows. What a great feeling to be in control.

Here is the diet for the day:
Breakfast: Apple bran muffin. Tea.

Lunch: Chick Fil A Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich, medium fruit cup, honey BBQ sauce

Dinner: Sirloin steak, veggies.

Dessert: Diet Hot Chocolate.

Total Calories: 1103.

The calories are coming in a little low, but my calorie counter site has the chick- Fil-A items a little low, so I think that I am basically right on target.

I have done a fairly good job with my veggie and fruit intake and have definitely done a good job being aware of it this week more than before. Baby steps, just take baby steps.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I am excited to see what the scale has to say. That is a nice change from the dread I felt just a few weeks ago. AHA!

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment