Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12th-hungry!

So, I got home from work tonight and was HUNGRY. I was truly disappointed that dinner was not even in the oven yet! So, I had to really think about what new Lauren would do. The first thing I did was see how many calories how I had left for the day. OK, so far, so good-450 calories. We were having pork. I knew I could add veggies to that. Hmmm...should I have a snack while waiting for dinner? I decided to just drink a big glass of water and play with the kids and see if I could hold out. So, 45 minutes later-dinner is served! I sat down, food on a plate (learned that lesson already!) and enjoyed every bite. I do have to admit that I still felt hungry after eating, but I gave it about 15 minutes and was satisfied. Yeah for me!

Ironically, after getting home from the gym and tracking dinner's calories, I was UNDER what I needed to be for the day. Here is where the second accomplishment comes in. I knew that I needed to eat something else that was around 100 calories. I could have grabbed a Weight Watchers ice cream and believe me, that sounded good. But, I also knew that I needed some fruit for the day. I made some smart choices and still ended up right at 1200 calories. Yeah for me!

Diet for the day:
Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean cereal, skim milk, tea.

Lunch: Lean Cuisine Enchiladas Chicken Sauza, yogurt and Fiber + Bar

Dinner: 4 ounce pork chop, Green Giant veggies, water

Dessert: Diet Hot Chocolate, diced peaches, fruit strip

Total Calories: 1200.

So, onto my third accomplishment of the day. I shaved 30 seconds off my 5K time! I worked really hard at the gym and am excited about my progress. On my way to actually RUNNING the whole thing! Time for 5K was 38:58, total calories burned 380. Yeah for me!

So, it has been another good day on this journey. I am learning how strong I can be and that is so empowering.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

1 comment:

  1. Great job today Lauren! I went for the ice cream, but I had 2 pieces of fruit for breakfast, veg with lunch and with supper. I'm going to find out more about the couch to 5k thing...

    ReplyDelete