Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13th-ah, the smell of french fries!

Today was a good day. I had to leave early to drop off my son at school, so I did not have time to eat at home, but I stopped at Starbucks and got a sandwich. They are really good and keep me full. Such a nice alternative to the sweet pastries that they have there. I did pack my lunch and was committed to eating it, even though I had time today to go out to lunch somewhere. Dinner was supposed to be chicken drumsticks, which I do not like. They are just way too much work. I don't eat the skin, don't like the part right next to the bone, so by the time I get the meat off that I want, it is about one bite's worth. Probably the same reason I don't like ribs or wings-just too much work. Give me a boneless, skinless chicken breast anyday-I don't care that it costs more. But, when I got home, the plan had changed and a different dinner was cooking on the stove. Life is good!

Here is the diet for the day:

Breakfast: Starbucks reduced fat turkey bacon, egg and cheese sandwich. Tea.

Lunch: Protein Bar, yogurt, orange.

Snack: Baby carrots, water.

Dinner: Pork with Tikka Masala sauce, broccoli and potatoes.

Dessert: WW ice cream cup, diet hot chocolate.

Total Calories: 1237.

I was not hungry today at all and really felt good. It is nice when the plan works out. Of course, there is always a challenge. Today it was french fries.

See, I had about 2 hours to work on some paper work this afternoon. So, I went to Chick-Fil-A because they have wifi AND outlets. I got a Diet Coke and sat down, but oh, how yummy those waffle fries smelled. Well, I knew I was not hungry, so eating them was not a matter of filling the belly. I quickly got onto my calorie counting website, figured out I only had 450ish calories left for the day and that waffle fries were 290. Nope, not gonna do it. Thank goodness that smells are calorie free! I was mighty proud of myself when I left and I had not succumbed. I have to add that watching the majority of the clientele that was in there eating was also a good motivator-there is nothing smart about a chicken sandwich, waffle fries and a large drink at 3 in the afternoon and these people's bellies proved that. :)

I am feeling more in control everyday and I am so grateful for that. I feel like I am giving my body what it needs, my skin already looks healthier and I truly have a plan.

So, bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat, because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment