Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010-day of many breaks

So, today I had a strange work day with multiple breaks. It is way too cold to sit in my car and do paperwork, I am avoiding Target so that I don't spend money, so that left finding places to sit and do work. And, not eat while I was there! I went to Starbucks and did not even look at the pastry display. I also decided that in my quest to trim the fat, I needed to have accountability. I told my husband in the morning that I wanted to go to the gym tonight so that he would help me get there. AND IT WORKED! I got home, my toes were cold because it is below freezing out and I just wanted to stay home. But, I knew what I had told him and wanted to keep my word.

So, after dinner, I changed my clothes and headed back out the door. I am so glad I did! I did a 5K on the treadmill in 39:26-a whole minute off my time from just three days ago. Yeah for me! I alternated jogging for 90 seconds and walking for 60 seconds on the treadmill and used good music to keep myself motivated. I burned 370 calories too-justification for my Weight Watchers ice cream!

Here is the diet today:

Breakfast: Water, tea and a reduced fat turkey bacon, egg and cheese sandwich. 340 calories and 22 grams of protein. Keeps me full for HOURS.

Lunch: Chai Latte and protein bar. More water.

Dinner: 4 oz filet, corn and small portion of stuffing. Water.

Dessert: Banana and WW ice cream.

I have realized that in order to get in all of the foods that I am supposed to eat every day, there is not a lot of room for the other foods. Really, I needed more fruit and veggies today. I never felt hungry, but obviously, could have done better with my lunch. I was trying to get in some dairy. UGH. I will figure this out.

Alright, off to get some sleep. Have a great night.

Bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat because I have determined that YOU CAN'T TUCK THE FAT IN!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren... something I found during the past 2 years of maintaining after my WW weight loss is... an apple a day (I have at lunch) is great fiber and natural sugars. It keeps me full longer and I seem to lose more weight when I have one per day than when I don't!

    You are doing great! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete