Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 2, 2009

So, the plan was to get to WW this morning, but that did not happen. My 2 year old, Luke, woke up REALLY fussy. He is getting over a sinus infection and there was no way he was going to let his mother leave the house. He just wanted to snuggle and I am just not going to deny him that.

But, I was determined to start the plan regardless. I got up, stripped down and weighed myself. Oh, the horror! I am not willing to share the number yet, but let's just say it is no where near where I want to be. I am also determined to never see that number again, so that is good.

The weather today is freezing, but I am also committed to getting to the gym when the baby is napping and before the rivalry basketball game on TV. I decided to start journaling the food today, but not worrying about "points" yet since I did not get to WW.

Here is how the day went:

Drank a big glass of water as soon as I got up. Yeah! So far, so good on that change.

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, slice of whole wheat toast and tea.
Lunch: Pita Crisps, 2 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese (love that stuff!), sliced turkey and an apple.
Snack: Microwave popcorn and a banana. More water.
Dinner: Sauteed yellow, orange and red peppers in olive oil and added some ground lean beef and tomato sauce. Pretty good actually.
Dessert: 2 squares of Ghiardelli Mint Chocolates. Thank goodness they are gone from the house! So delicious. More water.

Can't say I felt any differently drinking more water, except maybe I burned more calories having to get up and use the bathroom more often. I also did not have a Diet Coke today, which is very unusual for me. I like my caffeine!

I have to say this journaling thing puts a whole new level of accountability to EVERY bite! I really wanted a piece of chocolate mid afternoon, but knowing I had to write it down for all to see kept me away from it. I saved the indulgence for dessert while watching a movie with the hubby. On a side note, we saw Untraceable with Diane Lane. It was either really predictable or I have read way too many mystery/thriller books. I guessed the ending early on.

And, I made it to the gym! It was packed. So sad that I am now one of the New Year's resolution people, but at least I am there! I did a 5K on the treadmill in 40:27. Alternated walking and jogging and realized how out of shape I really am.

Oh, and I deleted 200 useless emails from my inbox as part of the adventure to trim the fat from all areas of my life. WOO HOO for me!

Overall, I am pretty pleased with Day 1 of this adventure. I still can't tuck the fat in, so I better keep plugging away. More tomorrow. Thanks for the comments and support-it is much needed! Keep it coming!

Bring on 2010-the year of trimming the fat, because I have determined YOU CAN'T TUCK FAT IN!

3 comments:

  1. But what was your weight!? And hey you can say it publicly 'cause you will be a lot less soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Lauren, Pauline and I have been there with you before...I start my weigh ins tomorrow. I will be doing it on the WiiFit and will post my BMI here so I can be accountable to you. Maybe youi just want to post your BMI to start??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will then post mine too since the above is, :o)
    I start tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete